Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Final Project




Self-Critique
5/4/11

I've never made a documentary before, and it proved even more challenging than I thought. I definitely want to make this into a longer piece eventually once I get all of the pieces I need. I regret that I couldn't get all of the footage that I wanted due to health-related circumstances, but I did the best with what I had. I think the most difficult part was getting people to say what I needed them to say, and in a way where I didn't have to cut it up so much! Also, because he's in a wheelchair and it gives him cold-sweats to sit up straight, he had to tilt his chair back a few times which looks kind of awkward. I had major difficulties with the sound because apparently there was some type of interference in the room and I couldn't figure out for the life of me where it was coming from. I really was hoping to film him outside but the weather had to ruin that. I'm really anxious to hear how I can improve this piece, especially since I"m not too familiar on how to edit a documentary-type film, but I definitely want to fix it up and turn it into something I'll be really proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment